FREE eBook eReader software - An App for iPod Touch/ iPhone Compatible with iOS version 4.2

Post last updated: October 2014. Updated Freading 1.0 link below. Freading 2.1 doesn't support iOS 4.2 compatible devices.

"The most technologically efficient machine that man has ever invented is the book." - Northrop Frye.





You are reading this because you are a good reader and you want your old iPod or iPhone to be able to carry your best friend - the ebook ereader. But alas, you know that the iBooks app requires a minimum of iOS 7.0 whereas your iPod Touch can no longer travel the iOS road beyond its 4.2.1 limit.

Here comes our rescue partner, when I was exactly at that crossroads. Left alone to ponder over this issue with some apps that promise to deliver but fail what I really wanted - to just read books. Simple. That's it.

Finding your perfect eReader app for free for your old iOS device with 4.2.1 as the last version has become easier now.

EDIT: Freading, as on October 2014 is upgraded to 2.1 in the Apple App Store and is no longer compatible with iOS 4.2 devices. Hence, I am providing my archived version (Freading 1.0) that I use in my iPod Touch with iOS 4.2 version.

You can download the older version of Freading from here.


The app's name is Freading - Library Ideas, LLC this app comes to our rescue. It does a simple job - let's you read, peacefully. 

Supports ePub, PDF - the two of most used ebook formats. Best of all, this app comes for free!

This app is available from the iTunes Appstore, with the base version as iOS 4.0. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.

Let me know your thoughts and other app suggestions. Please leave your comments below.

 Download Freading 1.0  

5 comments:

  1. Hi, not sure how to get my books purchased from itunes into my freading library, any help would be great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anna, I would suggest to copy down your books from the iDevice to your computer first using Touchcopy and then move it to your Freading library using iTunes.

      Delete
  2. It says it requires iOS 6 or later.. what gives?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Updated my post with a link to get Freading 1.0. Please check. Thanks for visiting my blog!

      Delete
  3. Hello. Can you please help me. I put it in itunes but i can't sync it on my ipod even though I already authorize my computer. I found on youtube that if the sc info is purchase by a different account you can't sync it. Do you know how can i bypass that so i can sync it onto my ipod.

    ReplyDelete